Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Marimo oh Marimo

So do you know what is Marimo? I got to know about Marimo during my break in July. Was 'lepaking' at Tokyo Street, Pavilion and saw this little furry thingy. So I just got them (2) one for me and the other one for a friend's birthday gift :)

According to Wikipedia information Marimo means (Mari is a bouncy play ball. Mo is a generic ter for plants that grow in water). More information at HERE.

This is picture from another web not mine.

The last visit to Pavilion I get another one, and the 2nd Marimo has already got a baby. But to my surprise when I have it back in Penang, found out that it have another baby :) Today just saw that my 1st Marimo is going to give 'birth' to a small little baby soon!

So this are all my Marimo babies

Will actually give 2 away later. But I am actually wondering how come such a small Marimo are able to 'give birth' to another baby so fast! When are they going to grow into giant balls? If you are interested, you can actually find out more in their Facebook Page (Malaysia). 

My friends asked, "what do you do over the weekends in Penang"? I can really answer such a simple question because I don't really have a definite answer. But this is one of the things that kept me BUSY :)


No comments:

Post a Comment