Sunday, September 23, 2012

Never Once - Matt Redman

I thank God for all the talented songs writer, composer and even musician. I might not be as great as them but I do thank God for my voice and skills to play the guitar. 

I need to practice both of them, especially my guitar skills. I was hibernating from it for more then 10 years? I almost forgot all the chords until my fingers dance on the 'finger' board again! And yes since then lots of *funny* but nice chords are invented. So without my 'sifu' I have to rely on the cyber world sifu.

But the focus of this blog is really on the meaning of this songs by Matt Redman "Never Once". It is so real with my life experiences. I changed 'us' to I.

Standing on this mountaintop,  Looking just how far I've come. Knowing that for every step, You were with me Kneeling on this battle ground, Seeing just how much You've done, Knowing every victory, Is Your power in me Scars and struggles on the way,

But with joy my heart can say, Yes, my heart can say Never once did I ever walk alone, Never once did You leave me on my own, You are faithful, God, You are faithful Scars and struggles on the way But with joy my heart can say Never once did I ever walk alone Carried by Your constant grace Held within Your perfect peace Never once, no, I never walk alone 

Never once did I ever walk alone Never once did You leave me on my own You are faithful, God, You are faithful Every step I am breathing in Your grace Evermore I'll be breathing out Your praise You are faithful, God, You are faithful You are faithful, God, You are faithful..


No comments:

Post a Comment