Monday, September 3, 2012

Penang National Park - Monkey Beach

What did I do during National day on the 31st? Or rather how did I spent it in Penang (alone) for the first time?

I joined the Georgetown Baptist Church Family's Day outing (so I am actually not alone - in Penang). We went to the Penang National Park and later hike to Monkey Beach! I didn't know that in this little (according to some people) island there is such a beautiful place.

Seriously you will need to explore the whole Penang when you come here. There is this place called "Bukit Genting' somewhere around Balik Pulau area. You can basically see the other side of the island and the scene is fascinating! This is especially during the sunset (evening) but 1 problem is that the road is very narrow and you will need a local people to drive you up and down. Other options is to engage local tour agent. "Why am I talking about Bukit Genting?" Suppose to talk about Penang National Park.

Basically there it is a good place for hiking, there are few trails that's bring you to different parts of the park. There is even a trail to the Light House (I shall try that 1 day). After look at some photos (I thank God that I don't come across any of the reptile except a monkey) haha... It was a great outing, as we walked in a large group so we took about 2 hours to reach Monkey Beach to joined with all the other groups who went there by boat.

The only picture that I took was this:-


Why is this the only picture? Because I am so clever that I forgot to insert my memory card to the camera and I don't want to delete photo in the memory :P

But you can just search either "Monkey Beach" or "Penang National Park" you will be able to view other pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment